Assessment of Workforce Communication Skills
The University of Central Arkansas University/Industry Partnership
Advisory Committee wants to know the importance of oral and written
communication skills in your organization. This information will enable
university professors to better prepare their students for today’s
workforce. Please take a few moments to complete the survey. This survey is completely confidential. Thank you in advance for your quick
reply. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Dr. Rebecca Gatlin-Watts
1. Does your corporate mission statement include
communications objectives? Yes
a. Do you feel that it should? Yes
How much does the corporate mission statement impact the effectiveness
of communications in your organization?
Much Impact 5
Does your company regularly use personality analysis and
other diagnostic instruments to promote better communications among co-workers and customers?
How much importance is placed on these instruments? (circle one)
Does your company stress the importance of keeping
up-to-date on communications issues by encouraging employees to read trade
journals, books or other types of informative media? Yes
a. How much do
you feel that this can or does impact the effectiveness of communication in your
1. Which category best describes your industry?
Production and Services Construction
Insurance, and Real Estate Education
(Wholesale or Retail)
(Computers, electronics), or similar fields
2. Which classification best describes your job?
Manager/Human Resource Manager Other
3. How many years have you worked in the position you
years 12-15 years
20 or more years
years 16-19 years
4. How many years have you worked in this organization?
years 16-20 years
years 21-25 years
31 or more years
5. Number of employees in your organization for whom you are
responsible in human resource functions:
than 50 50-99
6. Do you currently employ UCA
7. Do you currently employ temporary workers? Yes
8. How many employees do you anticipate hiring in the coming
9. Estimated corporate sales last year?
10. Where is your main organizational workforce located?
Thank you very much for completing this
Home] [UCA Home] [CBA
of Business Administration. University of Central Arkansas. 201
Donaghey Avenue. Conway, AR 72035. (501) 450-3106.