Obtaining a recommendation letter from me
You are going to do great things, but you need a little help. If you would like for me to write you a recommendation letter, please use this checklist as your guide on this process. Please send me all the required information to my UCA email account.
- Make sure I know you well enough to write a strong letter. Have you come by my office for help or to visit? Have we talked about projects or assignments before or after class? Have you told me about your specific interests and goals?
- Give me enough time. Make sure the deadline is at least 1 month in advance if I have never written a letter for you. A week is enough notice if I have written a letter for you in the past.
- Tell me what you need, when you need it, and where it needs to be sent.
- Give me detailed information on what you want to highlight in your letter. What course did you take with me and when? What was your grade in my course? Provide me with any information you can that relates the course you had with me to the specific recommendation you want or need.
- Remind me when the letter is due 2-3 days before the due date.